The flip-top cigarette pack is one of the most successful pieces of packaging design in history. TankBooks pay homage to this iconic form by employing it in the service of great literature. We have launched a series of books designed to mimic cigarette packs – the same size, packaged in flip-top cartons with silver foil wrapping and sealed in cellophane.
The titles are by authors of great stature – classic stories presented in classic packaging; objects desirable for both their literary merit and their unique design.
Each story is complete and unabridged – with a type size that’s easy to read. Individual books are great for throwing into a pocket or handbag – an instantly familiar object to carry with you. The complete set comes in a stunning tin – perfect as a really original gift.
Featuring 6 cigarette pack editions:
- Joseph Conrad "Heart of Darkness"
- Ernest Hemingway "The Undefeated" and "The Snows of Kilimanjaro"
- Franz Kafka "The Metamorphosis" and "In the Penal Colony"
- Rudyard Kipling "The Man Who Would be King", "The Phantom Rickshaw" and "Black Jack"
- Robert Louis Stevenson "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"
- Leo Tolstoy "The Death of Ivan Ilych" and "Father Sergius"